- Do you already know the dates of your events?
- Do you go into Infusionsoft and update all the campaign merge fields, etc. after each event so that the automation works?
If so, this article is for you.
Let’s jump right in, shall we?
If you are promoting live events then you likely want to put the date in in the emails to your contacts. The normal way to handle this problem is to use the campaign merge field. You only need to go to one place to change the date and it will change it for every email. However, for some people this is just not an option. So, I’m going to show you how you can set the campaign and never need to touch it (as far as dates are concerned).
You are advertising on Facebook for your live event. You have 4 events coming up in Jan and Feb.
The campaign level:
- Create a goal to trigger the campaign. In this case I used a tag as a goal for when people register for the event from Facebook.
- Create a Date Picker Sequence. (We’ll talk about what’s inside of it later)
- Create a Date Picker Tag goal
- Create a reminder sequence.
Inside the Date Picker Sequence:
- Use 1 start element for every date.
- The first date timer should from from the date you will start the ads up to the date before the event. (We are not going to let people register for this event on the day of. The day of, they will register for the next event)
- Add a “Set Field Value” element and add the date of the event
- Apply the Date Picker tag.
- On the second Start element, add a new date timer that runs between the start date of the first event and the day before the next event. Repeat the rest of the steps.
Inside the Reminder Sequence:
- Add the Confirmation email and Merge in the Event date
- Use a field timer with the event date. Be sure to choose the option - “Use year from field”
- Add as many reminders using the field timer as you want.